Monday, September 22, 2008

pretty little pin cushion



i've never owned a pin cushion before, usually i just stick the pins into the lounge, the fabric, my shirts/pants or i just put them back into their container but after seeing so many adorable pin cushions lately, i was inspired to create my own.
i fussy cut the shapes from pieces of printed felt i had, then i simply stitched them to some waffle weave then stitched that to some more felt and stuffed it. my pretty little pin cushion now has pride of place in my hand sewing basket.

5 comments:

Clair said...

That is a very pretty pincushion! And it goes with your basket! Well done.

VoniMum said...

that is an adorable pin cushion. Well done!!

MissyMack said...

That is a very cute pincushion! I love it!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for stopping by :) How exciting that you are planning a trip to India!! I love your pincusion - I am really into waffle cotton too. I love how your basket turned out - it is a great shape and obviously very serendipitous that you didn't follow the instructions.

Jen said...

The pincushion is gorgeous!